PFG2Z (10 MHz Precision Function Generator)
- Spectrum: Up to 10 MHz (10,000,000 Hz)
- Mac OS X support*
- 100% New Hardware Design
- 100% New Control Software
- Connects to computer via USB (available on all modern type of desktop or notebook computers)
- Light & Small: PFG2Z is the size of your palm and about 6oz (170g) in weight
- 100% Compatible P3 or P3pro plasma tube systems
- High impedance output for contact applications via electrodes
- Arbitrary waveform generation and creation
- RoHS Compliant
NEW!!! Starting October 1st, 2011, all the products benefit from 3 years (36 months) limited warranty, which includes parts and labour. Free shipping on the first 90 days.
The PFG2Z is a radical evolution over our prior signal generation systems and designs with enhanced capabilities and functionality gained largely as a result of private research and advancement in the technology itself. Special user needs, requirements, requests, feedback, desires and investment in a long term modular design now exhibit themselves in the form of the PFG2Z.
The first thing one may notice is the exceptional small size. This is largely due to VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration) and surface mount technology. The case itself is a very ergonomic and easy to hold, having light grey, non-slip, rubberized trim for a very clean and classic look. A major effort was undertaken to electronically redesign, removing virtually ALL "heat generating" components effectively allowing for long or continuous run-times desired in some applications. As with the PFG (v1), no mounted control or switches are present or needed; this is performed by intuitive onscreen GUI (Graphical User Interface) controls.
While the current PFG (v1) continues to utilize the IEEE 1284 (parallel) interface, this particular port is often being omitted from newer computers as a cost and power savings scheme by many manufacturers, although it remains a laboratory standard for scientific equipment communications. The capabilities of IEEE1284 exceed the needs of most users and we have adjusted accordingly. The capability of USB is quite sufficient for this particular device and adds considerably to the ease of installation and connection for the end user.
Maintaining PT's design philosophy of worldwide interoperability anywhere needed, a multi-voltage (auto switching) power adapter is shipped with the unit. This power unit is only required when using the unit in contact mode for electrode drive circuitry. When using the PFG2Z as a controller for plasma drive signaling circuitry, sufficient power is obtained directly via the powered USB port or powered USB hub.
Like its predecessor, the PFG2Z is a true arbitrary waveform generator, allowing for more accurate manipulation, control, and even unique "design" of the waveform itself. Our research has repeatedly indicated this important aspect has a significant impact on effectiveness. Individual waveform characteristics are programmable on an individual frequency basis.
Two Output Signals
As on PT's PFG (v1), the PFG2Z has 2 distinctly separate signal outputs. The BNC output is suitable for low impedance and calibrated signal levels typical for connection to electronic equipment such as the P3 Plasma Unit. A second smaller output connector is provided for exceptionally high impedance loads such as what one would encounter in contact applications. This latter output is exceptionally higher than the level available in the original PFG (v1). This output level is of course, also programmable on an individual frequency basis. This higher level capability is the result of requirements and desires made by professional practitioners and researchers.
100% New Software
PFG Lab (v1) is the latest suite of sequencing control software ideally suited for controlling, maintaining, editing, and archiving large numbers of script libraries for resonant frequency and pulsed plasma research. This next generation system has been originally designed for the PC market, but has already been validated to work on Apple / Macintosh and Linux operating systems using 3rd party software like Parallels Desktop, Codeweavers Crossover, Wine and other.
Although all unique uses can never be foreseen, great care has been taken in hardware design to allow for modifications to be made at the software level, increasing ranges, capabilities, and features without the need for physical hardware "upgrades"... but rather by downloadable software updates or specialized/customized versions of the software.
Unit & Accessories
The PFG2Z unit is shipped with PFG Lab software and documentation CD, switching power supply, color coded pin-probe electrode cable, 6-10ft electrode extension cable, and multi-use/disposable electrode pads with source for convenient reordering if needed. Special power adapters and custom cable assemblies are available upon request to better interface with your unique applications.
Although ironically not required in the USA, Pulsed Technologies has taken great care in our component selection, manufacturing processes and strategic affiliates, to maintain the absolute strict standards for this environmental impact initiative. We believe voluntary compliance is essential for the overall health of this planet. We are proud to say we have been in compliance through our design and planning even long before this initiative became a requirement other places in the world. We can only hope that others realize the importance and likewise do their part to prevent as many hazardous substances from our environment via better selection, planning, and "selective" purchases. The PFG2Z with PFG Lab represents the next generation of specialized signal generation and control for resonant frequency and precision pulsed plasma applications in a truly convenient and portable package.
CE mark (European Conformity)
Pulsed Technologies has started the process of obtaining the CE mark in regards to the conformity assesments procedures provided for in Directive 73/23/EEC on electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits. This process has been started for the latest product, PFG2Z. As of June 2010, the new PFG2Z is assembled entirely in Romania (member of European Union).
The PFG2Z is excellent device to be used with your computer as a highly configurable contact device and later, as your needs grow, as a precision controller for a more complex plasma device. Operation and software are relatively the same for either. When also considering the software and hardware design concepts incorporated into the unit, the PFG2Z should be considered an ideal investment for both now AND the future!
- Frequency range: from 0.1 Hz to 10,000,000 Hz (10,000 kHz or 10 MHz)
- Crystal-based stability
- Optically isolated from the PC
- Low sine wave distortion
- Direct digital wave synthesis (DDS) of waveforms
- Includes Windows integrated software for the function generator (PFG Lab v1.0)
- You can create your own waveforms with the 3rd party waveform editor
- Function generator screen with waveshape preview
- Frequency resolution: 0.1 Hz
- Vertical resolution: 8 bit
- Waveform horizontal resolution: 8 bit
- Low Impedance Output Impedance: (BNC) 150 ohm
- Low Impedance Output Voltage: (BNC) +/-10v (20 Vpp.)
- High Impedance Output Voltage: (Pad 3.5mm jack) app. 40 Vpp.
- Device Dimensions: 160 x 89 x 25 mm (6.4" x 3.5" x 0.98")
- Weight: 1lb (500g)
- Power supply: AC-DC Power Supply (110/220 VAC)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104 F (0 to 40 C)
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 158 F (-20 to 70 C)
- Operating Humidity: 10 to 85% Noncondensing
- Storage Humidity: 5 to 90% Noncondensing
- USB cable
- Setup CD-ROM with PFG Lab software, manuals, documentations and resources
- Quick Installation & Setup Guide, User Guide/Software Manual on CD
- 2 sets of 4 electrodes (pads): 2”x2”, self stick, high quality, reusable
- Pin probe cable & extension cable for electrodes
- AC-DC Power Supply (110/220 VAC)
- Desktop or notebook computer with USB port
- Operating System: Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/NT/Me/98/95 or Max OS X*
Apple MacOS Support:
Availability: Usually ships same or next day, if in stock. Please ask before ordering.
Warranty: Starting October 1st, 2011, all the products benefit from 3 years (36 months) limited warranty, which includes parts and labour. Free shipping on the first 90 days.